General Update: There's Been Some Progress
| Driver's side floor pan rough cutout |
I've made some headway on the car and as such, I've generated a backlog of photo documentation so consider these general update posts as the Coles Notes version of what's been happening.
I fabricated the spacer panels for the rear left and right quarter panels and removed the original rusted out panels. After some reflection, I discovered that I can't install the new panels just yet due to some adjacent panels which need patching first. The car is assembled in such a way that the panels lap one another which makes it tricky to work only on one small area at a time.
I've found that I will need to repair the rust on the inner wheel arches prior to installing the new spacers, and additionally, I will need to repair the rocker panel in order to fully address the rust in the wheel arch, and prior to repairing the rocker panel I will need to repair the floor panel...etc.
Since this process feels kind of disorganised in my mind, I have decided to go ahead and complete all of the rust repair work on one complete side of the vehicle (drivers side) and more fully document the passenger side repairs later on.
In the meantime, I'll post a few "General Updates" like this in order to keep on top of things.
| I am taking my sweet time fabricating a replacement rear valance panel. Very tricky. |
| The old and the new rear quarter panel spacer, passenger side. |
| New blasting cabinet. Very exciting. |
| Both rear spacers with mounting plates all fab'd and ready to install. |
| This hand beaten inner wheel arch patch is the first bit of new metal to be welded in place. The fitment and shape are ideal and need only minor fettling. |
Comments
Post a Comment